THE SUMMER ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SALAD THAT WE CAN’T STOP MAKING!

It's a serious fantasy since it's bursting with taste and crunch and coated with sizzling bacon dressing. This bowl is quite filling and has both sweet and savory flavors.

Although it may not have a particularly appealing appearance, the ingredients combined to create this salad's flavor bomb quality. It is something I could eat every day.

I actually have no idea why I'm so obsessed with this salad. The tastes! 

The TASTE!

We have salty, creamy, crunchy, sweet, and savory foods. Nothing can go wrong!

A few months back, one of my friends came over for lunch instead of ordering takeout like we had originally planned. She brought this incredible salad that she had made herself. It was the finest salad I've had in a long time, really. OH MY GOD.

And did you know that salads you make at home usually don't taste as good as salads you get at restaurants? This instance is an outlier. It's amazing. Restaurants should serve it.

Of course it includes hot bacon dressing as well. I MEAN. Most of the sweetness can probably be attributed to that. 

Before I loved salads, I adored hot bacon dressing. Makes perfect sense. But as I've already rambled on about, hot bacon dressing was mother lovett's favorite, and it is also my mom's. As a child, I would order a salad with hot bacon dressing even though I detested veggies.

YES. 

While I can't guarantee that I would consume the entire salad, the spicy bacon dressing would compel me to consume some of the greens. than I was accustomed to!

THE SUMMER ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SALAD INGREDIENTS

  • 2 ears of corn, grilled (roughly 1 cup of corn)
  • 12 to 16 ounces spring greens, as much as you like!
  • 1 rotisserie chicken, meat pulled and chopped (again, use as much or as little as you like here!)
  • 1 avocado, thinly sliced
  • 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
  • 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
  • ¼ cup pickled onions
  • ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted, if you wish

HOT BACON DRESSING

  • 3 slices bacon
  • 3 tablespoons bacon fat
  • 1 garlic clove minced
  • 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

INSTRUCTIONS 

  1. Note: If you wish to make the pickled onions, I recommend doing it the night before or about an hour before putting the salad together and eating it. Additionally, I advise preparing the dressing beforehand and letting it warm up on the burner.
  2. If you wish to grill the corn as well, make sure to grill it first! Additionally, you can use any leftover grilled corn in this dish. Any type of corn will work in this recipe.
  3. I chop the chicken, dates, and corn off the cob first because this salad requires a lot of chopped components. Almonds and goat cheese are measured out.
  4. Spring greens should be mixed with a lot of salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, corn, dates, goat cheese, onions, and almonds to your salad as you assemble it. The avocado should be added just before serving. Eat while drizzling the hot bacon dressing over everything!

HOT BACON DRESSING

  1. Reserve the bacon fat for the dressing while frying the bacon in a skillet until it is crisp and browned. Of course, you may prepare this in advance and put the bacon grease in the refrigerator! To get the 3 tablespoons of bacon using very lean bacon, you might need an extra piece or two.
  2. Put a saucepan over medium-low heat and add the bacon fat, minced garlic, vinegar, sugar, and mustard. As soon as the sugar has dissolved and the dressing has begun to emulsify, whisk continuously. Add salt and pepper to taste. Incorporate the bacon crumbles just before serving. Until you're ready to serve, keep this on low heat and stir occasionally. It can also be kept in the refrigerator. I advise warming it up in a pot. This is the mixture that I've grown to appreciate over the years, but you can also play around with various vinegars, extra bacon grease, and spices!

Comments